Right now, there are millions of businesses who are in limbo. Yours may be one of them. Most likely you are in one phase or another, or not sure what is going to happen in the next week, month or year for your business.
One thing is for sure. You need a way to let your customers know what your status is at any time. Social media is one way, but it is not the fastest way. Here are some reasons why you should start having a serious conversation with yourself about Text Marketing.
In our last post we discussed how businesses who were already using text marketing were able to leverage their text club data bases to stay afloat and even thrive. We don't know what the future holds, so if you do NOT have a way to reach your customers instantly on their mobile device, then you are not Text Marketing. When you send content to 100% permission based subscribers by text message, you are reaching 99% of them in minutes. There just isn't any other way to do that.
Here are 10 reasons why you can start building a list, even if your doors are shut, for now.
- If you have a brick and mortar business, people are seeing it. Put a highly visible sign or banner up with your Text Keyword, getting $5.00 off when you reopen. Your VIP Text Club Members will be the first to know.
- If you have a website, you can put a pop-up on it, offering your customers to subscribe to re-opening or partially open alerts and VIP offers. Make sure you give them a good incentive, it will be worth it.
- Have a facebook, instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, twitter, or any other social media apps? You can add a video, pinned post, cover video, story, or live stream telling people to join so they will be the first to get offers when you open, or to stay updated on rules, capacity, inventory, menu items and other scenarios that customers don't want to miss out on.
- Promote online services and features such as online booking, ordering or delivery, generating sales even though you can't serve customers inside.
- Building a new outdoor option? Don't wait for people to drive by, build your list NOW, and send out status pictures and messages to build momentum until it's open.
- Sell Gift Cards by text for when you reopen with a guarantee to make customers feel like they are helping you out. They want to! You can send an online link or send instructions to email for them .
- Do you have a Google Business Listing? Make sure it is up-to-date with hours and services. You can also send posts, pics offers and updates. Put your Keyword Image on your listing several times a month. People might be looking for your business on their mobile device nearby, and you can get subscribers easily with a great offers. It's FREE.
- Do you have YouTube or Vimeo subscribers? Send out a video to them letting them know about your VIP Text Club.
- Want to increase attendance at Virtual Events? Send out your keyword in your confirmation messages so they don't miss out on the upcoming ones!
- You can start out with a minimum plan for message volume and upgrade later. Ask your Text Marketing company if they have any promotions going on right now.
"77% of respondents said they wanted advertising to “talk about how the brand is helpful in the new everyday life,” and 75% said it should “inform about [the brand’s] efforts to face the situation.” eMarketer.com
The main thing you need to ask yourself as a business owner, is: "Could I have been more successful through this pandemic if I would have had 1000's of mobile subscribers I could have reached in 60 seconds with info at any given time?"
We don't know what the future holds, but you can start texting your customers within days if you start it now. If there is a next time, don't be left with no mobile voice. If there isn't, you still make money on reaching your customers instantly.
Share this Post